Just wanted to share some resources from the July 9th Racial Justice Muscle Building for White Accomplice virtual event. Thanks to the all the participants!
“Whiteness is the culture of white supremacy.” – Reverend Angel Kyodo Williams
bell hooks gives us the language of never not forgetting the interlocking oppressions “I began to use the phrase in my work “white supremacist capitalist patriarchy” because I wanted to have some language that would actually remind us continually of the interlocking systems of domination that define our reality “white supremacist ableist hyper capitalist heteronormative patriarchy”
Angela Davis reminds us that intersectionality did not come from the academic analysis it came from lived experience – “figuring out a way to bring these issues together. They weren’t separate in our bodies but also were not seperate in terms of struggles.”
A word for white people, in two parts. by adrienne maree brown
Links from the Different Break Out Groups:
- From Southerners on New Ground (SONG ) Role of White People in this Time:
- Mega Link List from So Your Organization/Workplace Made a Anti-Racist Statement (or not)… NOW What?
- Moving from Allyship to Solidarity by the writer Heidi Schillinger took the time to go through a bunch of the what-folks-can-do posts to find the themes.
- Confronting Racism in Conversation – slides by Carlin
- Seven circles of whiteness by Alishia McCullough
- White Urgency Is Violence: A Lecture By Ebony Janice Event on July 22
- Recommended 28 day reflection: Me and White Supremacy Book If you have a Carnegie library card, its free audio book!
- Raising Anti-Racist Kids – Resources from Parenting Break Out
We passed the hat for these groups last night:
Black Family in Allentown Whose House Burned Over the 4th https://www.gofundme.com/f/blankenship-fire-recovery-fund
TransUniting – benefits Black transgender & non-binary community members in Pittsburgh
New African Independence Party https://www.newafrikan.org/
Soul Fire Farm centers farming and food justice as healing for BIPOC https://www.gofundme.com/f/fortifying-our-foundation-soul-fire-farm